6/08/2013

Lovely flowers are blooming in the yard

I have a few varieties of peonies in the yard that are so pretty this time of the year.  You can see the pink pewter nettles are blooming next to this peonie.





I didn't plan those peonies.  They have been in the yard for many, many years.  Our house is 113 years old.  The original owner planted those peonies.

Here are some flowers blooming that I did plant with one exception which is the climbing rose.  It was planted by the people we bought the house from so I think they were planted between 1994 and 1997.

My secret sister from church gave me the lovely basket of pink impatiens I have hanging over some chives, sage, and mint.  Those last 3 plants all bloom in purple.  I tend to lump same colors together.  It is so unintentional and irritating to me.  I want a variety of colors but over the years the plants die out and I end up left with all the same colors in the same areas.  I could plant more flowers but I am trying not to spend a lot of money on the yard.  Maybe next year or I will find someone that wants to do a trade on plants.  



Clematis on a trellis.
 I don't know the real name of this ground cover but my friend that gave me the start called it Bishop's weed.
Blaze is the name of this climbing rose.


 Yellow coreopsis I planted a few years ago is starting to spread.  Behind it is white candy tuff which is trying hard to take over.  It choked out my lovely purple phlox.
I missed getting pictures of the lilacs this year.  They were so fragrant.  There were not as many blooms as in past years but they were pretty.

<^..^> Lori

No comments: