10/27/2011

Fall pillow box gift card

I picked up some clearanced pillow boxes at Michael's last month.  I decided to use them as gift card holders.  I put in a couple of restaurant gift cards and folded the flaps closed.
The boxes were in a pack of 20 reduced to $1.99.  I liked the pattern so I decided having some on hand would be okay.  Yes, I know that I could have cut the pillow boxes with my Cricut but sometimes having a few on hand makes me more inclined to do a project or at least it spurs me on to try. 
I used Stampin UP! chocolate chip ribbon to secure the flaps.  I tied them with a chocolate baker's twine. 

I looked through my fall related embellishments.  I found a bag of Holiday Dazzlers by Petaloo.  Those are the glittery foam leaf stickers.  They shimmer so nicely.  Being a sticker they also help keep the ribbon in place. 

I used a Stampin UP! round metal tag and painted it with Ginger Peach Twinkling H2O for more shimmer.  I let the tag dry then stamped it using CTMH chocolate ink and a PTI Mega Mixed Messages stamp "Just Because".  I attached it with chocolate bakers twine.

Once I had decided on the decorations, they were easy to reproduce as I needed 6 of them.



<^..^> Lori

No comments: