10/28/2011

Fall glassine treat bags

Another fun way to dress up glassine bags to give treats.  I inserted a Godiva chocolate bar in each bag to give the pastors in my families life.  Michael's has Godiva chocolate bars for $2.99.  Don't forget your coupons!  I used a 10% off my entire order coupon to get mine.



 
The paper is DCWV Indian Summer Fall Stack 8 x8 pad,  I got it from
JoAnn's last fall. 

I picked coordinating papers and sewed them on to the glassine bag.  I put a couple of pieces of Ranger's Washi tape over the paper so the word Chocolate would peek out from the tag. 

I painted a manilla mailing tag with Twinkling H2O's in greens, yellow, and reds, and even some silver.  I tried to blend them without turning it to a muddy color.  I need more practice!

I cut the tags to fit my treat bags.  I edged them with CTMH chocolate and juniper ink.  I stamped 'Absolutely Fabulous' using PTI Mixed Messages on the bottom right corner of the tag.  I attached a K&Co bird cage sticker I got from Michael's. 

Those gorgeous pumpkins are Sticko dimensional stickers.  I got those on sale at Michael's at 40% off and used a coupon for additional 10% off my entire order.  They are really pretty in person with shine and lovely patterns on each pumpkin. 

I made them while watching one of my favorite DVD series, The Road to Avonlea.  I just love looking at the houses and props they used to make this period piece.  So fascinating to see the actors using the machinery and household appliances.  The show is a good family value view too!

<^..^> Lori

No comments: