1/30/2010

Want to get a Round TUIT?

Wow that is a phrase from years ago.  My children didn't get it until I explained it to them about...well...it seemed like a million times but it was probably not quite that many times.  We have started a new women's ministry at church called Round TUIT.  We get together every other month at the church on a Saturday morning.  Everyone has a project that they have said they would finish one day, "I will get a round to it."  Well, we encourage ladies (young and old) to bring those projects to church and work on them.  We have only met one time so far this year.  It was really fun to see what things the ladies worked on that morning.  We had stampers, scrapbookers, girls working on school homework, sewers, crocheters, cooking (we have a nice kitchen in the fellowship hall), and other miscellaneous crafts going on all at one time.  I hope the ladies will invite their friends to join in this fun! 
The ladies bring their own projects but we also offer an organized stamping project that is optional.  My CTMH consultant Brenda is organizing the stamping projects.  Her January project was creating a card organizer from a Kleenex box based on an idea from StampTV.
I made a small poster (really a scrapbook page) to promote the event on the ladies ministry bulletin board.  The two weeks before our first meeting, I handed out a round TUIT that I made out of chipboard and cardstock.  It was alot of work and I don't know if it helped or not but I did it. 



No comments: