I made some of the paper flowers that were everywhere on Pinterest this spring. The first set were spring colored, pink, blue, teal, yellow. I tried making them with Astro Bright papers. The colors were very pretty and vibrant but they were too fragile for my taste. Bending the ends of the paper ruins the flower's affect in my opinion. So I moved to card stock. They are less fragile and might even last another year to put up again if stored where they will not get humid or fade from light. Anyway my second attempt of the flowers for summer was in red, white, and blue. This time I added another dimension by cutting the leftover yardstick into stars and sewing them together. I strung the stars over the flowers and let them dangle.
I had them hung on a wall at church. I like the 3D affect. I am trying to figure out what to replace them with for fall. I would like to make these flowers in glittery fall colors but the cost of the paper is prohibitive for me. It takes about 65 of A2 size pieces of card stock to make each flower. I cut them down to A2 (4.5 x 5.5 inches) from 12 x 12 sheets.