6/11/2011

Cricut CraftRoom helps me to finish my card

I was given permission to get into the new Cricut CraftRoom.  It's exciting to me!  That is a good thing.  It has only worked once for me.  That is a bad thing.  Hmm...they did say it was a beta deal.  Guess it needs more work done.  The first time I got into the CraftRoom, it said I needed to update my Imagine and the software for the CraftRoom on my laptop.  It took about 2 hours to get through all of it.  I don't mind as I was crafting and watching a movie while it worked away.  But now I cannot get the software to open again.  It says the unexpected error.  The Cricut Bridge application has unexpectedly quit. Cricut CraftRoom must close down now.
You may try and re-launch Cricut CraftRoom.
If this problem persists, please contact customer support."

I used it to create this card.  I have a Cricut Imagine and I must admit I was a little intimidated by it.  It seems to need updating every time I try to use it.  Plus I am used to using Cricut Design Studio with my Cricut Expression.  I am used to the full PC screen which the Imagine certainly doesn't have.  My old eyes need a large screen, ok!?  So the Cricut CraftRoom was going to bring that feature to me for the Imagine.  Cool! 

I made this card. 

It's a gate card made from Bo Bunny green double dot paper that I bought at Scrapadoodle.  I love their paper.  I made a nice edge with EK border punch.  Wouldn't it be nice if they put the name of the punches on them.  Sorry, I think it is called treading water. I inked the edges white with CTMH White Daisy.  I knew I wanted some word on the front but couldn't decide.

Here is the inside of the card.

I printed the Crow from the Imagine More cartridge.  I kept thinking I would print "Something to Crow About" on the front but it didn't work out, too long.  Whatever I was going to print for the front, I wanted to use the Imagine and didn't want to waste paper printing just one or a few copies on a 12x12 inch piece of paper.  Here is where the Cricut CraftRoom helped me out.  I was able to choose a word, celebrate from Beyond Birthdays cartridge, and flood it will a colorful print from Hopscotch cartridge.  I could use the CraftRoom cartridge to fully fill the 12x12 page, so no wasted paper.  Yeah! 

Then I had to figure out how to attach the 'celebrate' word.  It was fragile.  I decided to glue it to a piece of acetate.  It was probably a scrap from some stamp packaging.  Anyway it turned out well.  I used a small piece of velcro to hold the card shut.  I like it.

<^..^> Lori

No comments: