11/08/2010

I saw the cutest pin made from recycled denim

I found this adorable recycled denim pin by Veronica Goff over here.  The ladies at our church are cutting up old jeans to make quilts for the kids at the Baptist Children's Home.  They have scraps that would work perfectly for this project.  I ordered the Tim Holts tattered floral die.  It came today and I cannot wait to play with it.  I hope to use this as a "make and take" for the annual Ladies Christmas Gathering at the church next month.  I think that will be double recycling on the jeans.  I will get a picture of one of the quilts to put on the blog.  We are going to be tying them this weekend.  Kristine and Sue are working hard on sewing the finishing edges, etc.  I am amazed at how well they turned out.  The quilts are for teens so the denim is perfect material. 



<^..^> Lori

No comments: