10/16/2009

Wedding favors for Levi and Lindsey

I really have been crafty but again I don't have pictures. Ahh...how am I going to get back on track and put pictures on this blog for reference. I know it will help me down the road! You know when you have to come up with an idea and you know you have done something like it before but just cannot quite remember...it is great to be able to go to the blog and see a picture. I have to get back on track!

I helped a friend make wedding favors for her son's wedding.
Picked up 10oz jars from the cannister section at Wal-Mart called Emma jars.
Created a jar wrap using CTMH Fancy Flourishes on white cardstock using basic black ink pad.
Stamped names and wedding date using CTMH holiday red ink and PTI Simple Alphabet stamps.
Wrapped a black velvet ribbon around the top of the jar.
Cut some black vinyl using Expression and Story book cartridge to add a flourished heart to the top of the jar lid.
Added red cardstock with torn edges as color peeking out from the top of the white cardstock.
Pop dotted a matted tag (white on black) to the side of the jar with the saying "Thank you for Celebrating with us"
My friend will fill with goodies for those attending the rehersal dinner.
Turned out nice but I am worried the ribbon around the jar is not going to stay on. We have fiddled with it a few times now. We used red sticky strip tape which is normally really sticky but the ribbon is coming lose. On one jar we tried using a little Liquid Glass to see if that will do the trick. I really hope so! They look really classy and I would hate for them to give her trouble when she presents them.

No comments: