12/13/2011

Awana Christmas Treats for the leaders

So many chose to participate in the Awana Club program at our church.  It is a blessing to work with children and teach them to serve Christ.  It is not for everyone because it is hard work.  It takes time and effort for the leaders and those who help to substitute.  This year we have nearly 30 adults leaders functioning in a variety of roles to make our program work smoothly.  Jim is the Awana Commander again this year.  I decided we should give the leaders some small notes of encouragement or treats through the year.  We gave them each a candy bar with a note in October.  So I thought it was a good time to do it again.

I stamped a quote from Charles Dickens on glassine bags.  I love using glassine bags in projects.  I know that I am not the only one as I look around blog land.  We put some candy coated and some plain pretzels in the bags. 

I sewed the top of the bags shut.  I stamped some tags from my office with PTI Daily Design Sentiments to say "Thanks" on one side and "Joy to the world" on the other side with CTMH inks (holiday red and black).  I attached the tags with my Tim Holtz tiny attacher. 
Jim will give each leader one of these bags and thank them for their efforts in our Awana Club program.

I would encourage you to take time out and thank some of the workers in your church for their dedication.  We are the arms of Christ when we reach out to them.  You don't need to give them anything but your handshake and a positive word of affirmation and appreciation.

<^..^> Lori

No comments: