3/02/2010

Gypsy and linking Cricut cartridges to it

I made an EBay bid on a new Gypsy at the end of January.  There was less than an hour left on a new Gypsy.  I placed a bid at $150 with a max of $175 thinking that I would never win that auction.  The cheapest I had seen the Gypsy sold was $219 or higher.  But I did WIN!  The deal included free shipping.  It was new and factory sealed.  It included the 2 exclusive Gypsy cartridges.  I think I got a very good deal.  It took the seller a couple of weeks to get me the Gypsy which I thought was a little slow but I was okay with it.  I was really busy and did not have time to work with it.  I could have paid for expedited shipping but I didn't want to spend the money on it.  After receiving it, I registered it online with Provocraft and got my 200 reward points and a software upgrade on the Gypsy.  Then I just did not have time to spend on it.  That is so sad! 

This past Saturday was my birthday so I decided to take the time to link the cartridges to the Gypsy this weekend.  Boy, it took a lot of time to get them all linked.  I popped in a new DVD series and I pushed through linking until I had them all linked.  I ran into one cartridge that wouldn't load through the Gypsy cable.  It was George which was the very first cartridge I ever owned.  It came with my original Cricut.  I followed the instructions and plugged the cartridge into my Cricut then connected the Cricut to the Gypsy.  Wouldn't you know it, the Cricut software then had to be updated!  The Gypsy was able to update my Cricut as I followed the steps on the Gypsy screen.  It took at least 30 minutes to update the Cricut from the Gypsy.  But when it was done, I was able to link the cartridge to the Gypsy via the Cricut.  I think the whole process took over 3 hours to link about 50 cartridges. 

I marked each cartridge with a green "G" and I made the same mark on the outside of the cartridge boxes so I would know which cartridges had been linked.

Now I need to use it to design something...but my job, my house, my family, my church, my friends, my volunteering at the school...all need attention as well.  KWIM? 

<^..^> Lori

No comments: